Saturday, October 11, 2008

Been working on some things this week. Readjusting my focus. Taking off my "Me" tinted glasses and opting for the God-tinted ones instead.

Why is it that when you start to work on yourself, truly make the effort to become more Christ like, people in your life whine about it? I mean, they're not saying, "You shouldn't try to be more Christ like." But they whine about what that means to them, how my changing effects their lives. Just doesn't seem right. I get enough whining from my children. I don't need to add anyone more whining to my day. Too much to ask?

Working on finding the balance between choosing forgiveness and being walked on or hurt. Even though I've chosen to forgive a certain person, do I still have to be nice? Yes. I have to be nice. I do not have to go out of my way to put myself in a situation where person X will hurt me again though. I just have to be polite. Speak when spoken to. Try desperately not to judge. (I'm speaking of one person and one incident. I know this theory wouldn't work in every situation.) Like someone told me, I don't have to be friends with this person just because they're also a Christian. So, working on politeness and being nonjudgemental towards X.

Been sifting through pictures lately. I am so glad that the hair that was so popular in the late 80's and early 90's is no longer in style. Seriously. What were we thinking? Curious (or just need a really good laugh today)?
This is my Freshman pic. It was 1989. That should help explain the hair. LOL. Yeah. That's me. Circa 1989. Freshman year in high school. Man, I was hot! Um, yeah, not so much.

Been thinking a lot about things past. The pictures, our 10th anniversary, the things God has been bringing out, Halloween coming up... everything is reminding me of things past. There's a song by Chris Rice that says something to the effect of- Why do we look back, is it because we know we survived? I think that covers it completely. I know I survived my father being killed when I was 12. I don't want to have to hurt like that ever again.

It's late and I think I've been rambling. So for tonight, I'm going to close this out.

No comments: