Monday, September 8, 2008

Age is only a state of mind... right?

I went in today for my annual eye exam. I've worn glasses since I was in third grade, so the last 24 years or so. Anyway, I turned 33 almost a month ago. Not too old. At least I don't think so. While I was doing my exam I (for the first time) had to do the reading to see if I need bifocals. It took me until later in the afternoon to realize what had happened. At the time I thought nothing of it. You move through your random exams. You answer the "Which looks better #1 or #2?" over and over again.

Then, it just hit me. Hours later.

"Did I just take a bifocal exam too?"

"I DID just take a bifocal exam! Holy Crap! How old am I again?"

I don't feel old. Okay, maybe somedays I feel old. But 33 isn't that old. Seriously. It wasn't that long ago that I was a cool person. I mean, maybe 10 years. But that's not long ago. It's not like I was cool in the 50's.

When did 33 become old?

No comments: